Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 48

I have to say I have no idea what happened to weeks 45 and 46. Forty-seven was last week and we were visiting family in California for the entire week, hence no posting here. Somehow I lost two weeks in the mix. But that's not too bad for blogging for a whole year, right?

And this week is an easy one for me: there are no original recipes in the line-up. But all these sound fabulous pretty much as they are!

Pork Roast (from Epicurious.com, I'm using a boneless pork tip roast instead of the fancy tied loin), served with roasted winter squash

Braised Short Ribs (from Smittenkitchen.com)

Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins (from Cheeseslave.com)

Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash (From AllRecipes.com) with this Russian dressing (from Food.com, make half a batch)
This was really really good! The only thing I did differently from the recipe was to add one finely diced carrot and one finely diced celery stalk to the beef mixture.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think 2011 is short two weeks. I'm doing a 52 week blog for this year too and today I was wondering, "did I miss a couple?"

    I'm definitely going to try the acorn squash recipe. I've been looking for ways to use new foods (and for us, acorn squash is a new food).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, thank you kindly for your post! I will check out your blog, too :) You absolutely must try the acorn squash - it is so so good!

    ReplyDelete